Guests who will be expecting breakfast.
This delicious breakfast bake will keep both you and your company happy. It's tasty and filling but not a gutbuster like some breakfast bakes can be. And, the no-fuss recipe will free up your morning so you can concentrate on your friends and family instead of what's in the oven. Because while it's fun to entertain, it's also nice to get to talk to people without standing in front of the stove.
Morning Scramble Bake
2 TBS butter, softened
6 large eggs (cage-free if possible)
1/4 cup half and half
4 oz shredded aged cheddar
1 cup roasted tomatoes, diced
4 oz bacon, cooked and diced
1 TBS fresh parsley, minced
2 tsp fresh basil, minced
1 TBS fresh tarragon, minced
Kosher salt/ground black pepper
Minimal MESS/ingredients/clean-up: Category 2
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half and 1 TBS of butter.
- Stir in the cheese, tomatoes, bacon and herbs, and a pinch each of salt/pepper.
- Grease a shallow baking pan with the remaining tablespoon of the butter, then pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake until puffed and no longer jiggly in the center when you gently move the pan -- about 20-25 minutes.
- This should serve 4-6 people. For more people, don't double the recipe. Instead, just make a second pan. (Otherwise, you'll just have really thick pieces, but still for 4-6 people.) Let cool and serve as is with fresh fruit and Greek yogurt on the side, or make an eggtastic sandwich by placing a piece of the bake, more roasted tomatoes, and a slice of cheese between toasted, buttered bread.