I didn't write down the recipe (I never do) but here's what you do:
- You need, a box of pasta, butter, garlic, red peppers, crushed tomatoes, half and half, vodka and goat cheese. And some frozen peas.
- Cook a pound of penne according to the directions, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining the rest of it.
- Remove the stems and seeds from 3 cups of small red peppers. Broil until blistered and softened, then let cool. In a large pot, melt a couple tablespoons of butter until melted then sauté a couple cloves of garlic (minced) until softened, then add a pinch of red pepper flakes and a cup or so of crushed tomatoes along with the pasta water.
- Using a food processor or blender, purée the peppers and tomato mixture until smooth, then return to your skillet and bring to a simmer. Add 1/4 cup of vodka (or more to taste) and stir until booze cooks out, about 10 minutes or so. Stir in a cup or so of half and half and a couple tablespoons of goat cheese and cook until thickened. Stir in a cup or so of frozen peas for color and heat through.
- Add pasta to the sauce pan and combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.